Hi!
Rain. Its seems like it has rained for days. We cant get the slashing done until it stops raining. I dont why I am bothered, the land just sits there but , you know, I want to see it done.
Today my oldest daughter 14 started her first day at work. She has gotten herself a little job at the local supermarket. I didnt really hit me until after I dropped her of I must be getting old haha. Seriously though, I did think about how lucky it was we decided to move when we
did, from a timing sense with the older two. We might have had less cooperation from them if we had waited another 12 months and they had little jobs and (gulp) even boyfriends and girlfriends to leave behind. She is at the younger end to be getting a job and my husband thinks she's too young but she's mature and I think it's good for kids, to learn to be responsible for themselves.
My daughter is responsible towards school but school is something you have to attend, if you dont do something there is a punishment but the world keeps turning. With work, if you don't go for example you dont get paid and you will lose your job. Also she is at the age where she wants things and in my opinion the next couple of years will have a lot to do with her attitude towards life and money. I hope it shows her you can have anything you want if you work and save and pay for it. What I hope she learns by her earning her own money is that you dont get things by staying home and sticking your hand out to Mum and Dad.
The other thing I hope it teaches her is that she doesnt want to spend her life working in retail. I have worked in retail my entire life and although I have always enjoyed my job the pay for the ridiculous hours you work on a salary is terrible but more so the unsociable hours, nights and weekends. There is a lot to be said for Monday to Friday in my opinion.
I hope she enjoys it and learns some good life skills, and I hope it inspires her to work hard at school to achieve her goals beyond school.
No comments:
Post a Comment